The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Monday, May 24, 2004

Who Are You

Making the rounds at Says Uncle
1. Which political party do you typically agree with?

Libertarian

2. Which political party do you typically vote for?

Republican

3. List the last five presidents that you voted for?


1992 – Andre Marrou (was living in Rhode Island)
1996 – Harry Brown (was living in Vermont)
2000 - Bush

4. Which party do you think is smarter about the economy?

I'd like to say the Republicans, and most of the time they are philosophically but they do tend to lose their way and get very distratcret by moral crusades and the like. Their stunning failure of leadership on the hill has been the source of much of their recent problems. Lott was a lemon from the get go (they should have elected Thad Cochran) and Frist has turned out to be rather limp wristed in his leadership . . . consistantly refusing to spar with the Ds. As a result, they've failed in the senate. House leadership is much better, for what its worth. Both are better than where the Dems want to be, but not necessarily from where we end up under Democratic control.

I disagree with Says Uncle on this account - I think strong leadership on the hill can effect dramatic economic change - its just that it is in such short supply we don't often times see evidence of it.

5. Which party do you think is smarter about domestic affairs?

Libertarian

6. Do you think we should keep our troops in Iraq or pull them out?

Keep them in. Better to have our military fight terrorists in Iraq than have our unarmed civilian population have to fight them here in the states.

7. Who, or what country, do you think is most responsible for 9/11?

Its Bill Clinton's lasting legacy.

8. Do you think we will find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

We already have

9. Yes or no, should the U.S. legalize marijuana?

Yes

10. Do you think the republicans stole the last presidential election?

No. I know that the Democrats tried to steal it and were stopped.

11. Do you think Bill Clinton should have been impeached because of what he did with Monica Lewinski?

Not sure about the actual sexual escapades. Considering the age difference and how illegal it would be for a corporate executive to be invovled in that type of relationship, I am troubled by it. For the coverup, and lying under oath, yes. He is an attorney and the nations chief law enforcement officer. If he can't tell the truth under oath how are we expected to believe ANYTHING any police officer or military offical says under oath. His lie undercut the foundation for our legal system.

12. Do you think Hillary Clinton would make a good president?

She will never be elected so its a moot point. But no. I do not. See #7 above.

13. Name a current democrat who would make a great president:

Zell Miller, Sam Nunn.

14. Name a current republican who would make a great president:

George W. Bush, Bill Owens

15. Do you think that women should have the right to have an abortion?

Everyday I carry my sidearm (not while in DC) and choose whether or not I will commit a murder with it. So far I have chosen no, and I can't imagine me ever changing my mind.

Likewise, women have the right to choose. They can choose to murder their babies or they can choose to protect and nurture their babies. I respect each choice but think that like any murderer, there should be consequences to be paid for committing that murder (though they would still have the choice to do so).

Of course - I am still open as to what point conception takes place. I used to not think about it, but assumed the first trimester argument of the fetus killers was reasonable. That changed when my wife was pregnant with my son and we went to the doctors early on and he put a device on her stomach and played my sons heartbeat for us. If a baby has a heartbeat its alive. So, while I might accept the use of the "Morning after pill" as not being the same as murder - I don't know exactly how far beyond that I am willing to go.

16. What religion are you?

Episcopalian

17. Have you read the Bible all the way through?

I've read many parts of it and probably have read most of it now, but never as a novel. As Says Uncles Says "I can’t make it through The Old Testament. There’s only so much So and so begat so and so and so and so begat so and so a sane person can take."

18. What’s your favorite book?

I don't know. Jury is still out. I like the Stephen Ambrose books. Like Tolkein. Like the Narnia Chronicles. Like a lot of historical books. London, Sarum, etc. Thinks like that. I don't know if I have a favorite book. Old Man and the Sea maybe??

19. Who is your favorite band?

Hmmm, don't know.

Over the years I would have listed Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Phish, Widespread Panic, The Grateful Dead, Joe Walsh, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, The Mother Earth (UK band), Primal Scream, Shockra, The Jam, the Rolling Stones, Primus, Foo Fighters, Davd Bowie, various itinerations of Miles Davis's band, the Groove Collective, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Allman Brothers Band, Santana, Smashing Pumpkins, the Aquarium Rescue Unit.

I listen to all of them now, though much more jazz (bebop and free jazz) and opera than anything else. Right now I am listenting to Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac in concert in 1968. Incredible stuff. He really was the greatest (white) blues guitarist of his time.


20. Who do you think you'll vote for president in the next election?

Bush. This election is far too important to screw around with.

21. What website did you see this on first?

Says Uncle


Well, there you have it folks, straight from the horses mouth.
Now back to work. . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home